Millersburg Glass Museum Video
Chinese Auction 2013 Video
All Content is Protected by Copyright Laws
Software, documentation, electronic text and image files, audio and video clips, and other materials are protected by copyright laws and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Holmes County Historical Society retains all rights, including copyright, in data, image, text, and any other information contained in these files. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the material on this Web site may also subsist in individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, the Holmes County Historical Society. The Holmes County Historical Society expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this Web site, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright laws, and as described below.
Fair Use is Permitted
Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for noncommercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, and news reporting. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from the Holmes County Historical Society’s Web site for such uses are welcome to do so without the Holmes County Historical Society’s express permission. Users must cite both the author and the source of this material as they would material from any printed work; the citation should include the URL “www.victorianhouse.org”.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using text and image files from this Web site, users agree that they will limit their use of such files to fair use, and will not violate the Holmes County Historical Society’s or any other party’s proprietary rights.
Commercial Use is Restricted
Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of the Holmes County Historical Society’s files is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from the Holmes County Historical Society. Permission for such use is granted on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of the Holmes County Historical Society. A usage fee may be involved depending on the type and nature of the proposed use. See Rights & Reproductions for more details.
To request permission for reproduction please write to: The Holmes County Historical Society, P.O. Box 126, Millersburg, Ohio 44654.
Conditions of use for photographs
1. Images provided for personal or research use may be copied to another medium for study purposes, but may not be otherwise reproduced by the patron photographically or digitally without written permission of the Holmes County Historical Society.
2. A completed Application for Permission to Reproduce an Image must accompany all request for permission. Permission forms issued by other entities will not be used.
3. An image can be used only once for the purpose(s) listed in the Application for Permission to Reproduce an Image. All permissions are issued for the life of a project or program. A second use of the image in any one project or program constitutes a separate use, not a re-use. Additionally, each media in which the image appears whether book, periodical, dust jacket or cover, broadcast video, VHS home video, DVD, CD-ROM, e-book, or website constitutes a separate use. Any subsequent editions and/or publication in different languages, etc, constitute re-use and must be applied for in writing.
4. The following is the basic credit line for all images unless otherwise specified:
Holmes County Historical Society, Millersburg, Ohio.
When provided, the photographer’s name must be used in the credit line. We ask that you follow these guidelines:
credit line should be easily accessible.
Films, broadcast or video productions
include credit within the “Sources for Illustrations” or “Credits” section of the production.
credit should appear in the exhibition area, preferably directly below or adjacent to the original copy.
credit must be placed adjacent to the image along with a link to the Holmes County Historical Society’s website,
5. The Society must be provided with the website address for images posted on the Internet.
6. The accompanying caption or label should indicate any and all changes or alterations that have been made to the original copy, including cropping, tinting, or detailing.
7. All transparencies must be returned within 120 days, unless other arrangements have been made in advance and in writing. There are charges for late returns and replacement.
8. Only photographic prints, 4” x 5” color transparencies, or 300 dpi or higher scans will be licensed for publication use. The Society provides 72 dpi scans for personal or website use only. 35mm slides are also provided only for personal use and will not be licensed for publication.
9. Images posted on the Internet will be no larger than 72 dpi and 600 x 400 pixels. The Society reserves the right to request the removal of its images from any website.
10. The licensee or publisher cannot give permission to others for reproduction of the image or any facsimile of it.
11. In authorizing the reproduction of works in its collections, the Society does not surrender its own right to publish or grant permission to others to do so.
12. The Society does not prohibit publication of images from its printed materials collection (books, magazines, etc.), but it is the responsibility of the patron requesting such images to be certain that they are free of copyright restrictions.
13. The Society reserves the right to limit the number of photographic copies, photocopies or scans provided to patrons; to restrict the use or reproduction of rare or valuable materials; and to charge different fees from those published on the VHS website.
14. Any exceptions or modifications to the above conditions will appear on, and be part of, the Society’s Application for Permission to Reproduce an Image and must be agreed to by both parties.
The Victorian Houselocated at:
484 Wooster Road
Millersburg, OH 44654
Click here for directions!
PO Box 126
Millersburg, OH 44654